Mikumi National Park
- A deep orange sun rises over the empty plains, transforming the overnight dew into delicate swirls of opaque mist.
- The first shaft of sun backlight the fluffy grass heads to form a gentle russet ripple.
- A dazzle of zebra confident in their camouflage at this predatory hour, pose like ballerinas, heads aligned and stripes merging in flowing motion.
- Within the open horizons abundant wildlife, the Mkata floodplain popular centerpiece of the Mikumi National Park.
- The area draws frequent comparisons to the famous Serengeti.
- Here from the flattened tops of termite mounds, lion survey the grass plain kingdom, and the larder of zebras, wildebeest, impalas and buffalo that migrate across.
- Bisected by the main highway between Dar es Salaam and Iringa, Mikumi is the most accessible corner of a 75,000sq km.
- Elephants, Buffalo, Impalas, Zebra, Wildebeest and the impressive greater kudu are just a few of the animals seen in the park.
- Game viewing, Guide walks