Arusha National Park
- Starting in the wooded savannah infested with buffalos and giraffe, the ascent of mount meru leads into forests aflame with red- hot pokers and dripping with Spanish moss.
- Everlasting flowers adorn the alpine desert, as delicately- hoofed klipspringers mark the hike’s progress.
- Astride the craggy summit, Kilimanjaro stands unveiled, its snow- capped peak blushing pink in the sunrise.
- Kilimanjaro’s unassuming cousin, mount Meru – the fifth highest mountain in Africa at 4566 m (14990 feet) above sea level- is the scenic focal point of Arusha National park.
- Though it is often overlooked by safari goers, this small park is a multi-faceted jewel, offering the opportunity to explore a beguiling diversity of habitats within a few hours.
- The entrance gate leads into shadowy Montane forest inhabited by inquisitive blue monkeys and colorful turacos and trogons- the only place on the northern safari circuit where the acrobatic black and white colobus monkey is easily seen.
- In the midst of the forest stands the spectacular Ngurdoto crater, whose steep, rocky cliffs enclose a wide marshy floor dotted with herds of buffalo and warthog.
- Further north, rolling grassy hills enclose the tranquil beauty of the momela lakes, each one a different hue of green and blue.
- Elephants are uncommon here, and lion absent altogether, leopard and hyena present although the sighting isn’t great.
- Elephants , Buffaloes , Zebras , Giraffe ,Baboons , water backs , Leopards , Suni , Red dickers ,Columbus Monkey , Blue monkey.
- Not a good park for people who are looking for the big cats.
- Good sighting of forest birds.
- Game drive, canoeing, walking safaris (Through different vegetation and habitat), and Mount meru climb.